Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pink Things and the Power of Blogging


I discovered the Valentine's Candy at Wal-Mart yesterday. I couldn't resist getting a bag of fun pink M&Ms and making cookies with them. Sooo good!


I also picked up some pink candy corn... also known as Cupid Corn. Very fun! We couldn't decide if it tasted like regular candy corn or strawberries. Or if it was just the color that was making us think they tasted like strawberries. Either way, it's pure sugary goodness.

I follow a lot of blogs. There is one in particular that in the last couple of days has really fascinated me and just really made me feel good about the power of blogging. I've never met the author of the blog, nor have I ever left comments or let her even know I read her blog. I read tons of blogs where this is the case. I just enjoy seeing what others blog about and eventually I look forward to reading about their daily lives. Sometimes I leave comments and eventually even befriend some of the bloggers.

Anyway, this woman's name is Kelly. I have followed her blog for the last 2 months or so. She's been pregnant with her first child and was induced yesterday after being a few days past her due date. She's an adorable, sweet, Christian Southern girl and you just can't help but become interested in her life and her story. I'm not sure if any of my other friends who read blogs have come across this one, but it's really worth checking out. She had a heck of a day yesterday, her little baby girl ended up having some problems after the birth and had to be flown to Tulsa, OK for emergency treatment. The posts were so intriguing, I kept checking all day and evening for updates on this poor girl and her family. Me and 30,000 other people! She really has quite a following and has a lot of people praying for her and her new little girl. Anyway, it's quite an uplifting story and I just wanted to share. You can read her blog here.

No comments: