Friday, May 1, 2009

Show Us Where You Live


I came across this fun idea today and thought I would participate! I love looking at other people's houses and the way they decorate, and what better way than looking at so many great ideas without having to leave the couch!

Kelly from KellysKorner is hosting this, and is showing off her kitchen this week. So please go check out her great kitchen! Meanwhile, here's our kitchen. We've lived here for less than a year and the kitchen was one of the first things we "re-did". Of course it was a minor re-do, but I love it.

We painted the walls, had the countertops replaced as well as the sink. I love this view looking down from upstairs. I also love that area of the counter where the stool is. I often sit there with my laptop, read blogs and drink my coffee! (You can click on each photo to see a larger version.)

We actually eat dinner here most nights. It's a perfect sized table for the 4 of us. (And sadly, there's a view of a TV from every seat!) You can see the outside table on the deck through the sliding glass door. That's where we'll be eating when it's nice outside. We've already been able to eat out twice and it's only April. that's pretty good for NY!

Here is the view of the kitchen from the family room. I love that rooms are so open, so while I'm cooking or baking, I can watch the big screen TV or feel like part of the action in the family room. Through the doorway in the middle of the photo is the formal dining room. We've only used it once so far, for Thanksgiving Dinner!

A little closer view of the "work area". If you look close, you can see the 2 small tomato plants waiting to be planted outside. It's still too cold for them to go out just yet.

Meet our old fridge, I think it's the original that came with the house in 1985... someday we'll update it! But it still works, and there are so many other things on our list that we'd like to improve, so we'll probably keep it 'til it dies! Our realtor told us when we sold our last place that you shouldn't clutter up the fridge with so much junk, but it always tends to end up on the fridge anyway. The school lunch menus, shopping lists and all the magnets from all the places we've been. Where else are they going to go??

One of my favorite things about this kitchen is that pantry. It is chock full of food. I love the extra space and it's easy to see everything we have available. I also love that large clock on the wall. And my little "coffee nook". It's the first place I head every morning.


And that is our kitchen! Hope you enjoyed the tour!! Don't forget to check out KellysKorner for more great kitchens.


3 comments:

-stephanie- said...

I too like the view from upstairs. Very pretty. And AMEN to "where else are they going to go?" My fridge looks like that too.

Brittany said...

That is so cool to look down from the stairs.. That does look like a perfect spot to sit and drink coffee and play on the laptop!

Misty Crow Oster said...

Very nice kitchen! Thanks for sharing your home.